Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Review: Two Girls And An Oven: How twelve weeks of cookies saved my life by Deanna Martinez-Bey

 





Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Nat, a single mother of one, baker, and business owner. Life has been crazy but worth every second of craziness. Let me try to explain.

It has been me and my beautiful daughter, Summer, for many years, which is why I chose the name, Two Girls And An Oven for my beloved bakery.

Business has been slow, and bills are piling up. My hope was that with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, I would have a line of customers pounding down the doors.

Then, it happened. Cookies. Yes, cookies happened. You've got to be curious as to how twelve weeks of cookies saved my life, right? Prepare yourself for the story of a lifetime!

Tip: If you ever see a plate of cookies sitting outside your door, take them and run!

 

My Review:

A sweet quick read.

I really enjoyed the novella.  I liked watching Nat take her bakery to the next level with the addition of secret recipes that mysteriously appeared, along with a plate of cookies, in her bakery each week.  Even though Nat’s bakery was busier than ever, she still managed to fall in love again. 

This is an all-around feel-good story.  I could easily picture Nat working in her bakery sounding with her friends and yummy treats.  Even though this is a novella, there is a lot of story packed into the pages.  I didn’t feel it was rushed or anything left out.  Don't forget to check out the cookie recipes in the back of the book.  

 

Purchase: Two Girls And An Oven on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment