Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Review: Scent Detection by Leslie Marshman


Would a mysterious stranger blow her cover

Or wind up saving her life?  

Veterinarian Marie Beaumont’s spent five years in witness protection hiding from a ruthless foe. But then she and her K-9 save the life of a handsome stranger with amnesia and Marie's horrified when he begins to remember her—as the woman she once was. But who
is the elusive Jack? A caring, electrifying protector…or a killer sent to finish off Marie once and for all?

 

My Review:

An amazing fast-paced romantic suspense.

Marie has been living in witness protection for five years when her past finally catches up with her. 
The terrorist she testified against has escaped prison.  At the same time, a stranger, known as Jack, shows up in town.  Because of an accident, Jack has amnesia.  Marie is torn between wanting to help him, but also fearing he might work for the man she is hiding from.  But Marie is also fighting feelings of love for Jack too.  Until Jack’s true identity is revealed, Marie refuses let her guard down and Jack is left even more confused.

This is one of those books that you will want to set aside a good chunk of time to read.  You are not going to want to put it down.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  It’s one of the best romantic suspense books I have read in a while. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your amazing review, Janine! I'm so glad you enjoyed Scent Detection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine. I'm an author of Single with Cat and I would love if you could review my book but I don't find an e-mail or other way of contacting you. How can I contact you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosa. I don't publish my email on here anymore because of spam messages I started getting. I just sent you a message through your website with email so we can arrange for me to read your book. I think it would fit in perfectly on my blog.

      Delete