Thursday, September 5, 2019

Review: Sweet Talker (American Royalty #2) by Robin Bielman

He likes to be in control…

It’s like this: I’m the hottest restauranteur on the west coast. I work hard, play hard, and love my family. I’m also the guy on the receiving end of some unwelcome threats and fixation. Then Pascale Nichols walks back into my life, and I forget about everything but her. They say lightening never strikes twice, but she’s the one that got away. She’s also, I soon discover, the one my family secretly hired to protect me. Am I mad? Hell, yes. Am I game to play along? You bet.

She’s in over her head…

Everyone knows and loves Ethan Auprince. With his sexy-as-sin dimples and crazy likeability, he’s always the center of attention. I’ve been tasked with protecting celebrities, bigwigs, and high-ranking officials, but when I come face-to-face with the man I spent one incredible summer with, I’m in trouble. A careless mistake on my last assignment cost me, and now Ethan is looking at me like he wants to devour me, not cooperate with my subtle instructions while I work under the guise of his restaurant manager.

My reputation is at risk. His safety is on the line. But worse, we're falling in love again.



My Review:

A wonderful addition to the American Royalty series.

Pascale and Ethan had a summer fling ten years ago, but Pascale left without saying goodbye.  Ethan never forgot her or stopped wondering what happened to make her leave.  When Pascale shows up at Ethan’s restaurant for a management position, Ethan can’t believe his eyes. 

Pascale is a body guard who was hired by Ethan’s family to protect him from a stalker.  It will be hard for her to do her job while keeping a secret from Ethan.  When the secret finally comes out, old flames are rekindled.  But what will happen to their relationship when Pascale gets some unexpected news? 

I really enjoyed this second chance romance.  It is passionate, but with a touch of sweetness added to the mix.  The story moved along nicely and I really liked the characters, especially Rylee.  She was a fun addition and changed the tone of the story giving it a little something extra.  This is the second book in a series, but I think it can totally be read as a stand-alone. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment