Friday, November 11, 2022

Review: Flowers From The Past by Deanna Martinez-Bey

 

 

I have a question for all the single ladies out there.

Have you ever received flowers at work with a card that was signed, "Love, your husband"?

No? I'm the only one? I figured as much. This doesn't seem like an everyday occurrence.

My name is Kennie, and I'm single and ready to mingle. Who am I kidding? The closest thing to a date I've had in months is my frequent trips to the local candy store. Nonetheless, the single life changed for me in the blink of an eye.
I was minding my business at work, sitting at my desk, glaring out the windows, when a delivery guy strolled in from the local florist. He carried the biggest bouquet of flowers I had ever seen, and to my surprise, they were for me.

I thought maybe I had a secret admirer until I read the card, "I finally found you! Can we meet for coffee or dinner? Love your husband, Kevin."

From that moment forward, I instantly became a married woman, and my life spun out of control.

 

My Review:

A heartfelt second chance.

Three years ago, Kennie had a seizure that caused amnesia.  It left Kennie with no memory except her mother and sister. But Kennie was about to discover the last three years had been a lie.  She had a whole life she was about to discover.

This is a quick read, but so fulfilling.  I loved seeing Kennie learn about her past and reuniting with her family. 

Throughout the book, I learned how much of a sweet tooth Kennie had, so I was happy to see a bunch of delicious sounding recipes at the back of the book. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment