Thursday, April 6, 2023

Review: Monopolove (Love & Games, #1) by Mia Heintzelman


Monopoly (n.) 1) the exclusive possession, control, or exercise of something. 2) a classic board game with all the answers to Harper Sloane’s problems.

If Harper Sloane has learned anything, it’s that you can’t throw money at a problem. So, when she learns the beloved game store she owns with her sister and best friend is struggling, instead of mortgaging her pride and grabbing the pile of uncashed checks from her absentee father, she rolls up her sleeves and enters the city’s Monopoly tournament to save Love & Games.

Declan Wilde is a handsome, new-in-town doctor looking to set his karma straight. When he pays for Harper’s coffee, she’s horrified. She quickly repays her debt—with interest—to prove she doesn’t need his charity. But when Declan turns up at Love & Games to enter the tournament, refusing his business isn’t an option.

Forced to see each other at every practice, the tension starts to feel like a challenge beyond the game board. As they go over strategies for play, is their rivalry still just enemies playing games, or has it turned into something more?

 

My Review:

I didn’t want this book to end.

This is the first book by this author that I have read and I can honestly say, it won’t be my last.  I loved how she created characters that I instantly wanted to know more about and a story line that kept my turning the pages all the way to the very end.  Then, I wasn’t ready for it to end.  

Harper and Declan are total opposites and rivals at the beginning of the book.  But they quickly fall for each other when they team up for a Monopoly tournament at Harper’s game shop, Love & Games.  The main connection that Harper and Declan have is their love for Monopoly.  This theme is carried out throughout the story.  There is also so much more to this book and I really can’t tell you without giving away too many spoilers.  Let’s just round it up to a fun, emotional and exciting rom-com.  I can’t wait to read the next installment in this book series. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment