Friday, February 18, 2022

Review: Cop An Attitude: An Unlawfully Funny Romantic Comedy (I Can't Stop Loving You RomComs Book 1) by Hilary Grossman

 

Their reunion left a lot to be desired. Are they a disaster in the making or totally meant to be?

I kicked love to the curb for the greater good. After all, my soaring career would’ve made my family so proud, and men have a tendency to stop success cold. But I never expected a single and sexy police officer to pull me over, flirt with me, and then write me a ticket.

Now I see the infuriating cop everywhere I go. It doesn’t help that we have a past, and he’s an amazing dad to his daughter. And every time I want to get back to my small-town routine, I can only think about what my life would be like with the no-nonsense policeman…

I should really just forget the whole thing. But if I do, will I lose my last chance at love?

Cop An Attitude is the charming first book in the I Can’t Stop Loving You romantic comedy series. If you like engaging characters, enemies to lovers, and laughing out loud, then you’ll adore Hilary Grossman’s humorous walk on the wild side.

 

My Review:

A fun quick read.

Two former classmates meet again in this fun story filled with witty dialogue and humor.

When Waverly and Pete meet again, it isn’t on the best of terms.  In fact, it was late at night when Waverly was headed home after a long day at work.  Pete is a police officer and pulls Waverly over for speeding.  When he realizes who he has just pulled over, he couldn’t believe it.  Waverly gave Pete a nickname, when they in school, that caused lots of people to laugh at him.  But he still secretly had a crush on her.  Grown up Pete is a widower and has a little girl.  Now, he has to make the decision between making a pass at Waverly or keeping his distance, so Clara doesn’t get hurt again, if things don’t work out.  Waverly is a workaholic and doesn’t have free time for herself, much less dating.  Will Pete and Waverly be able pull off the relationship that so many people know is destined to happen? 

This book was so much fun to read.  I couldn’t wait to see how Waverly and Pete would end up together.  There was a lot of build up to the big moment and even then, I had to wonder if they would stay together.  Waverly and Pete’s story does continue in another book, but this book does not end with a cliff hanger.  I can’t wait to read about their journey after marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment